Dr Benjamin Yip
Dr Benjamin Yip – Gastroenterologist in Singapore
Dr Benjamin Yip is a Consultant Gastroenterologist in Singapore, and the Medical Director at Alpha Digestive & Liver Centre. Prior to private practice, Dr Yip practiced medicine in the public sector for almost 20 years. He was a Consultant at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital (KTPH), and also at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH) where he continues to serve as a Visiting Consultant.
Dr Yip’s academic qualifications include:
– Degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the National University of Singapore;
– Specialist training in General Medicine and advanced specialist training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the National University Hospital, Singapore;
– Sub-speciality training in Advanced Endoscopy at the Royal Free and University College Hospitals in London, UK.
Dr Benjamin Yip has expertise in Advanced Endoscopy. He performs complex endoscopic procedures including ERCP, EUS, single balloon Enteroscopy, Spyglass™ Cholangioscopy and Enteral Dilation/Stenting. Dr Yip has interest in endoscopy and regularly performs general endoscopies including gastroscopy and colonoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic).
Dr Benjamin Yip sees patients with General Medical as well as Gastroenterology/Hepatology problems.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
Dr Yip holds the following appointments and committee memberships:
– Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh, UK).
Dr Yip won awards in the medical field, including:
– Prestigious fellowship degree from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy for his contributions in clinical endoscopy and in endoscopy-related leadership, education and research
– Alexandra Health Service Champion Award at NTFGH.
– National Medical Research Council MOH Health Research Scholarship to pursue the Master of Clinical Investigation (MCI) degree course in NUS